Mounties in Burnaby say the suspect in a shooting that injured a man in December of last year has turned himself in to authorities. Ronin Tajali, 18, had been wanted since Dec. 25, 2025, on charges of discharging a firearm, aggravated assault and possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm. He is accused of being behind a targeted shooting that took place near Phillips Avenue and Woodbrook Place in North Burnaby on Dec. 19. At the time, Burnaby RCMP said the victim was found with gunshot wounds and taken to hospital. In an update Friday, police said Tajali turned himself in on Aug. 17 and remains in custody pending a bail hearing. “We would like to take this opportunity to thank the public, the media and all law enforcement agencies that assisted in the investigation,” said Cpl. Mike Kalanj, in a statement. Online court records indicate Tajali is next due in court on Aug. 31.