Three new accusers come forward in historic Central Saanich sex assaults
Police say an 81-year-old Nanaimo man accused in a series of sex assaults dating back as far as 40 years faces a new charge after more complainants came forward.
In February, Central Saanich police announced Geradus "Gerry" Peters had been arrested and charged with one count of indecent assault and four counts of sexual assault involving four different women.
Police tell CTV News that since then, one additional charge of sexual assault has been laid in relation to a new alleged victim.
They say the offences all date back to the 70s and 80s in Greater Victoria, and all were against teenagers and pre-teens.
Cpl. Dan Cottingham says two additional potential victims have contacted police in recent weeks, and investigators are looking into their allegations which could lead to more charges.
“We do have information that there are two additional victims that have come forward. Those investigations are still ongoing,” he said.
Police say at the time of the alleged crimes, Peters live in an area of Central Saanich new West Saanich Road and Mount Newton Cross Road.
They aren’t saying what Peters’ relationship was to the alleged victims, but confirmed he wasn’t in a position of authority such as a coach.
None of the allegations against him have been proven in court.
Peters’ next court date is May 4 in Victoria.