- Oak Bay worker killed on the job identified; police investigating 'evidence of erratic driving'
- Oak Bay municipal worker struck and killed in crash
- Charges approved against man accused of ramming B.C. RCMP cruiser, injuring Mountie
- Man shot after ramming B.C. RCMP vehicle, injuring officer
- Australian transportation safety report details B.C. air tanker crash that injured pilots
- Rugby Canada severs ties with player after violent B.C. carjacking
- B.C. man sentenced to 13 months for 'horrific' collection of child pornography
- Courtenay council calls for 'immediate resignation' of fellow councillor
- 'The whole community is in mourning': 2 dead after boat capsizes off Haida Gwaii
- Canadian warship intercepts boat carrying $50M worth of cocaine off Mexico
- Major crime detectives investigating after newborn found dead in Victoria parking lot
- B.C. moves to seize Hells Angels clubhouses in Nanaimo, Vancouver, Kelowna
- Man arrested for 'targeted' arson at home of Ukrainian pastor in Victoria
- B.C. musician and former pastor sentenced for sexual assault
- Man sentenced to 4 years for fatal beating of homeless man in Campbell River, B.C.
- Victoria landlord to pay tenant $30K for noise, asbestos exposure after judge strikes down challenge
- Vancouver Island councillor resigns after referring to mayor as 'Mr. Hitler'
- B.C. mother who sexually assaulted 15-year-old boy wins reduced sentence on appeal
- Sooke victim in suspicious death investigation identified as 42-year-old father
- Murder charge laid after body found near Vancouver Island rest stop in 2017
- B.C. still waiting on U.S. for permanent daylight time
- B.C. judge awards patient $180K after 'traumatic' eye surgery
- B.C. doctor disciplined for using MDMA, psilocybin, hypnosis in treatments
- 'This place felt like a torture chamber': Melanie Mark stepping down from B.C. legislature
- Pilots safe after B.C. air tanker crashes in Australia
- Homicide investigation underway after woman, 39, found dead on Quadra Island
- Dr. Deena Hinshaw, Alberta's former top doctor, hired by B.C. public health service
- B.C. man facing extradition to U.S. for alleged sex crimes against stepdaughter
- Men charged in 'vicious' 2017 home invasion, machete attack in Oak Bay, B.C.
- Former Canadian navy officer fined $7K for assault, sexual assault aboard navy sailboat
- Canadian military to resume weapons training along section of B.C. coast after 3-year hiatus
- Investigation into deadly Saanich, B.C., bank shooting clears officers, reveals details of attack
- Canadian navy lieutenant fined, reprimanded for vaping aboard ship
- B.C. man among trio charged after $7M in drugs found on U.S. beach
- Impaired driver who killed woman, critically injured sister, sentenced in Central Saanich crash
- Defence minister welcomes warships home to B.C., highlights Pacific defence strategy
- B.C. police watchdog finds grounds for charges against 3 RCMP officers in killing of Indigenous man
- Vancouver Island men facing 41 charges in 'significant' crackdown on Hells Angels in B.C.
- Canadian military plane intercepted by Chinese jets 'numerous' times in recent weeks
- Nanaimo man sentenced for sexually assaulting teen, killing man with bow and arrow
- Here's how B.C.'s new premier plans to tackle the affordable housing crisis
- Murder trial for men who escaped Vancouver Island prison adjourned after accused suffers back injury
- B.C. man who led 'military-style' bank robbery in U.S. has sentence reduced
- Alberta man sentenced to 10 years in U.S. prison after speedboat meth bust off B.C. coast
- Horgan slams Alberta premier's vaccine discrimination stance as 'laughable'
- Canadian military selects new pistol to replace aging handguns
- Canadian naval officer relieved of her duties after allegations of inappropriate conduct on NATO mission
- Investigators reveal cause of Canadian Forces Snowbirds jet crash
- Canada sends warship through Taiwan Strait
- Royal B.C. Museum apologizes after 2017 carving declared ancient Indigenous artifact
- Former Tamil migrant ship being dismantled in B.C.
- Family of murdered Vancouver Island man suing prison officials over inmates' escape
- Canada seeking new torpedo countermeasures for military submarines
- Canadian navy relieves Maritime Forces Pacific leader of duties over 'inappropriate comments'
- Saanich, B.C. bank shooter was rejected by military, CAF says
- 'What were they waiting for?' Woman inside Saanich bank amid shootout describes 'calm' gunmen
- 2 suspects killed, 6 police officers injured in shooting at bank in Saanich, B.C.
- Snowbirds grounded after problem discovered with emergency ejection parachute
- Canadian air force jet grounded after 'possible bird strike' at U.S. airshow
- Canadian embassy in Japan to reunite Randy Bachman with guitar stolen 46 years ago in private concert
- Former Canadian navy officer found guilty of sexual assault aboard historic navy tall ship
- B.C. speedboat driver arrested with 650kg of meth 'feared for his family's safety,' he told U.S. investigators
- Canadian WWII flying ace 'Stocky' Edwards dies
- Canadian national security concerns delay court battle over New Zealand warship upgrades
- 'A badge of honour': B.C. premier among dozens of Canadians sanctioned by Russia
- Ukrainian Canadian Congress calls on police to investigate Victoria arson attack as hate crime
- Victoria arson investigation underway after gas poured into home while family of 5 slept
- Canada to send 4 warships, 800 military personnel to world's largest naval exercise
- Oak Bay police sergeant demoted after investigation into corruption, use of intoxicants
- Cables caught on fuel tank led to Nanoose Bay helicopter crash: TSB report
- B.C. Association of Police Boards calls for fees, limits on freedom-of-information requests
- Canadian warship intercepts, destroys shipment of cocaine off Central America
- B.C. ready to work with Ottawa on sanctions, refugees after Russian invasion of Ukraine: premier
- Canadian warships to renew drug-trafficking operation in South and Central America
- Notorious B.C. drug smuggler wins early release from U.S. prison, returns to Canada
Todd Coyne is the senior digital news producer for CTV News Vancouver Island and a reporter covering national defence.
His journalism career has spanned the country in a variety of roles, including as an editor and reporter for the Toronto Star, the Vancouver Sun, the National Post, CBC News and several magazines.
Todd holds a philosophy degree from the University of Victoria and a master’s degree in journalism from Carleton University, where he published research on renewable energy and the United States military.