- Capital Iron name to survive after Victoria appliance dealer purchases intellectual property
- Trap set for cougar on B.C. island to be removed by conservation officers
- Large cougar caught on camera prowling small island off Nanaimo, B.C.
- Donations fall drastically with Salvation Army kettle sites closed during winter storms
- Good Samaritans brave B.C. snowstorm to help health workers, cyclists get to work
- 'We love showing off our beautiful city': Tour de Victoria to bring thousands of riders to local streets
- Saanich bank where 6 police officers were shot, 2 suspects killed reopens to customers
- Uncommon courtesy? Viral video shows Victoria transit riders thanking bus drivers
- Victoria police arrest youths amid weekend crackdown in downtown core
- 'This is going to get worse before it gets better': Shipyard workers vote overwhelmingly in favour of strike
- Grey whale tangled in fishing gear off Tofino prompts search by DFO
- Appearance of fentanyl-laced cocaine prompts warning from Victoria drug testing lab
In Scott’s first year of studies at Calgary’s Mount Royal University, deliberate walks past the Broadcasting Department fuelled a fascination with the television news industry. It didn’t take long for those strolls to turn into a daily routine. He soon enrolled in the renowned program, and graduated at the top of his class in 2007.
In 2011, Scott traded the prairies for the island. After four years as a reporter and assignment editor in Medicine Hat, Nanaimo called, and Scott answered. Reporting, editing and shooting his own stories the young journalist fell in love with the mid-island, but has now joined a passionate news team in Victoria.
After shooting, writing, and editing his own stories Scott can most likely be found hiking or snowboarding in Vancouver Island’s vast and beautiful back country.
- 2010-RTNDA Dave Rogers Award for best short feature in the Prairie Region
- Broadcasting Diploma - Mount Royal University (Calgary, AB)