- 'Courage, valour and ultimately sacrifice': Langford Fire Rescue honours 30-year member Lance Caven
- Langford considers ending artificial turf program on city boulevards
- Turf war on the West Shore
- After years of contamination, waters at Victoria International Marina now thriving
- Island Cup 4x4 championships coming to South Shawnigan Lake in May
- 'Living in limbo': B.C. condo owner concerned after strata council implements new age restriction
- U.S. and Canadian First Nations call for return of Sidney-Anacortes ferry
- 'It's terrifying': Langford school crossing guards say near misses are daily occurrence
- Port Alberni to host Canadian 'oldtimers' baseball championships after local team becomes a hit
- B.C. firefighters concerned cancer-causing chemicals found in protective gear
- 'We're back': Victoria Clipper ferry's return kicks off early tourist season full of optimism
- 'Losses up to $10M': YMCA in Langford in dire need of additional funding
Brendan Strain has been covering the news on Vancouver Island for the past 17 years. Growing up in Parksville, after high school he moved to Victoria to attend the Applied Communications Program at Camosun College. Starting his television career in Dawson Creek and then Red Deer Alberta, he jumped at the opportunity to return to Victoria.
With a passion for where he lives, Brendan enjoys telling stories that celebrate the people and places all over this amazing island.
As far as he’s concerned he lives in the best place on earth. In his spare time you’ll find him somewhere near the ocean, or hiking around the Victoria area with his two young boys.