- 'For a good cause': Triathlon raising funds for Victoria Sexual Assault Centre
- 37 more municipalities find themselves on the province's housing naughty list
- Greater Victoria municipalities on the province's radar for more housing
- Vancouver Island facing highest monthly cost for nutritious food in B.C.
- 'Super exciting': Vancouver Island distilleries, wineries and breweries win international awards
- Oak Bay home listed for $128K but land not included
- Beloved West Shore 'Swap and Shop' market returns after closure of Western Speedway
- Nanaimo family stranded in Rome after flight cancelled due to near pilot strike at WestJet
- 'They backed the truck right through the door': Brazen break-in at Sooke business caught on camera
- 'We get flaggers hit all the time:' Cone Zone campaign kicks off, reminding drivers to obey traffic control flaggers
- National Police Federation calling for change to prevent violence against officers
- 'So much work left to do': Hundreds attend Canada's largest Moose Hide event in Victoria
Brendan Strain has been covering the news on Vancouver Island for the past 17 years. Growing up in Parksville, after high school he moved to Victoria to attend the Applied Communications Program at Camosun College. Starting his television career in Dawson Creek and then Red Deer Alberta, he jumped at the opportunity to return to Victoria.
With a passion for where he lives, Brendan enjoys telling stories that celebrate the people and places all over this amazing island.
As far as he’s concerned he lives in the best place on earth. In his spare time you’ll find him somewhere near the ocean, or hiking around the Victoria area with his two young boys.