- Investigation underway after baby injured at Langford daycare
- Tow truck driver credited with fast response in fatal Port Alberni crash
- Saanich police swarm building, man taken to hospital for assessment
- Local love: Victoria hotel 'trashes' Channing Tatum in favour of Ryan Reynolds
- Giant pig named 'Theo' finds a new home in Duncan
- 'What they did was sick': Two puppies stolen from Langford home
- Justice for Teddy: Animal lovers hold vigil for abused Duncan dog
- Victoria teens save younger brother, grandma as fire tears through their home
- 'Cannabis Christmas': Island business selling pot advent calendars
- Wine not? Rare $3K bottle of Bordeaux to go on sale in B.C.
- 'I love sound man': Central Saanich man charged for playing car stereo too loud
- Salmon enhancement project in Sooke will feed hungry orcas
Asymina Kantorowicz is a writer and producer at CTV Vancouver Island. She graduated from the Master of Arts in Journalism program at Western University in 2013. Asymina first launched her career at CHCH News in Hamilton, Ontario where she worked as a writer and producer for almost two years. She also worked as a chase producer at CTV News Channel in Toronto and as a style writer for Yahoo Canada.
After receiving the opportunity to join the Vancouver Island team, Asymina packed up her bags and moved across the country to Victoria in May 2016. Her passion for journalism comes from her love of meeting new people, telling stories and giving a voice to those who would otherwise not be heard.
In her spare time you can find Asymina planning her next backpacking trip, exploring Vancouver Island’s hiking trails or looking for the next best coffee shop.
- B.A. in Media Information and Technoculture – Western University (London, ON)
- M.A. in Journalism – Western University (London, ON)