- B.C. purchases Courtenay motel for supportive housing
- Tent caterpillars infesting Vancouver Island
- Police seize drugs, gold Desert Eagle pistol in Vancouver Island busts
- Uber launching in Victoria and Kelowna next week
- Police investigate crash involving cyclist in Saanich
- Road closures coming for Oak Bay half marathon
- BC Transit offering free rides to cyclists in Victoria
- Victoria police seek downtown assault suspect
- 'So disappointed': RCMP investigate arson at Duncan playground
- Demand climbs at BC SPCA pet food banks
- RCMP investigating teen's death in Duncan
- Wallet turned over to Saanich police linked to 1980s police investigation
- Beyond Van Gogh exhibit finally opening in Victoria
- Victoria releases 2nd round of work fleet trading cards
- Victoria video store closing after 40 years
- Island Health warns of potential staffing issues at Saanich Peninsula Hospital ER
- Minor earthquake rumbles south of Victoria
- These 10 B.C. hikes required the most rescues last year
- Brothers arrested after violent Saanich robbery in 2022
- Lake Cowichan urges tubers to avoid fast-flowing river
Adam Chan is an Associate Digital Producer for CTV News Vancouver Island who joined the team in 2019.
Chan was born and raised in Victoria and considers it a privilege to hear and share the stories that impact his hometown.
He co-authored a story covering the June 2022 bank shooting in Saanich, B.C., that won a 2023 Edward R. Murrow Award for best continuing coverage.
Before coming to CTV News, he worked closely with the community as a staff writer for Victoria Buzz.
Chan is a graduate of the University of Victoria and holds a degree in English Literature with a minor in Philosophy.
Outside of work you can find Chan rock climbing, hiking or meeting with friends for a game of Dungeons & Dragons.